Plessey Site update
As I promised; I now have an update on the application for the Plessey Site:
Negotiations have been on-going regarding school places. Clearly the Rylands Junior School will need expanding to take care of the need generated by the additional housing. However, we need to think ahead and be in a position for further expansion should the Boots/Severn Trent applications go ahead. With that in mind the following modifications have been made to the application:
▪ The total number of residences; 285, remains the same.
▪ No housing on the Trent Vale Sports Ground (there were to be 28), this land will be reserved for “sports pitch/leisure expansion”.
▪ 0.35 Ha land immediately made available next to the school for expansion.
▪ 0.74Ha land made available for future school expansion, the above two plots to be taken out of the main site behind the Trent Vale Road properties, up to and inc. behind no 23.
▪ More housing / less commercial land on the main site.
The last point is probably the most controversial. It is land owned by Notts County Council who are prepared to swop it for land owned by the applicant, actually the County get just over 1 Ha for 0.67 Ha. There will also be a net gain of land on the sports field which will remain as leisure use.▪ The 0.67 Ha playing field site adjacent to Trent Vale Road and on the corner of Trent Road to be used for housing.
Neighbours and those who have written in should receive notification about this new application in the next few days. There is a further consultation period and of course following this further alterations could be made, before it comes before the Development Control Committee probably on 8 October. The detailed plans should be on the Broxtowe website in the morning. In the meantime I have the revised Masterplan, email me if you would like a copy.